Joining me today are two people who took a life changing leap of faith to pursue their dreams. Claire and James Young are UK-expats who sold their physical possessions at home in Kelowna, Canada in order to drive around the world in a truck and camper.
They are the crew behind This Big Road Trip, a website and social media account created to document this epic endeavour. Claire and James share insights on acquiring and preparing a vehicle up to the task for this ambitious undertaking, memorable experiences along the way and what their future holds as the journey continues.
Thanks for tuning in and enjoy the show!
On this episode we covered:
- Their backstory of developing a lifelong love affair with travel
- How they initially discovered overlanding through a truck and trailer
- Why overlanding is like “backpacking on wheels”
- Why a Dodge Ram 3500 was their only vehicle of choice for the job
- How they found and modified their truck for a road trip around the world
- How they customized the camper for both comfort and durability
- The reactions of locals when they encounter each other for the first time
- How tele-medicine allows Claire the flexibility to work remotely as a doctor
- Volunteering with an NGO clinic on the Colombia – Venezuela border
- Can’t-miss destinations and favourite experiences so far
- The country that pleasantly surprised them the most
- Their general travel plans for the future
- And much more!
Follow Gary on IG: https://www.instagram.com/viajeroclub/
Join the Facebook Community : https://www.facebook.com/groups/407928276427355
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to hit Subscribe and leave us a review!
Give a rating and review here!