Joining me today are two people whose accomplishments I admire and respect. Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung are ex-software engineers from Toronto who achieved financial freedom and retired early in their 30’s to travel the world. They are the writers behind Millennial Revolution, an educational blog on investing strategies and world travels. They are also authors of a newly released finance book “Quit like a Millionaire.” Kristy and Bryce share lessons learned from their FIRE journey, their travel experiences in the Galapagos Islands and what it means to leave a legacy.
Thanks for tuning in and enjoy the show!
On this episode we covered:
- Their backstory of discovering FIRE while working full time in Toronto
- How home country or home city bias prevent people from pursuing a better life
- The underrated and best value-for-money travel spots around the world
- The awesome country that’s cheekily named the “G-spot of Europe.”
- The importance of travel for motivation and rejuvenation
- The three biggest costs people need to optimize
- How to save money while travelling abroad
- How to use a VPN to save money on airline tickets
- Travelling around the Galapagos Islands
- Why the Galapagos Islands is such a special place
- The mindset to overcome financial obstacles and setbacks
- The importance of meeting mentors and like-minded partners to reach FI
- The Chautauqua FIRE Retreat and what a day looks like
- And much more!
Resources and Websites Mentioned:
Chautauqua Financial Retreat - https://www.fichautauqua.com
“Quit Like a Millionaire” by Kristy Shen & Bryce Leung (Amazon Affiliate Link)
Where to find Kristy and Bryce:
Follow Gary on IG: https://www.instagram.com/viajeroclub/
Join the Facebook Community : https://www.facebook.com/groups/407928276427355
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to hit Subscribe and leave us a review!