Joining me today is a special guest from Central Europe who has profound insights on its culture, food and places, as well as the changes that the region has seen since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Anna Szczykutowicz is a Polish English teacher and Youtuber living in Warsaw, Poland. Anna is the founder and host of Dzikie Ucho, a popular Youtube channel featuring fun videos about pop culture, current music and television / film.
On this episode we covered:
- The biggest difference between Warsaw and other Polish cities
- The impressive level of English fluency in the country
- The remnants of the old Former Soviet Union mentality
- The advantage of living in Warsaw for travel lovers
- The cost and pace of day to day living in the capital
- What attracts foreigners to living in Poland
- The best, traditional Polish dishes you must try
- The Polish Food Challenge on her Youtube channel
- Why Polish rap is so popular
- Famous and accomplished Poles throughout history
- What she loves about my hometown of Vancouver
- What she can’t travel without
- The must-visit cities in Poland
and much more!
Thanks for tuning in and enjoy the show!
Places and Resources Mentioned:
The Masurian Lake District (Wikipedia)
Zakopane and High Tatras (Wikipedia)
Lazienki Park (Wikipedia)
What Foreigners Think About Poland (Youtube)
Where to find Anna:
Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/viajeroclub
If you enjoyed this episode, please don’t forget to hit Subscribe and leave us a review! 😄